Sunday, October 12, 2008

Glam in Chocolate and Blue

The word "Expo" is enough to evoke a Pavlovian response out of any true fashionista--eyes sparkling, heart hammering and of course, the drooling. After all the hype, I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in the Glam Expo as a whole. Maybe I'm just becoming jaded from being too saturated with these type events in the past few months, but I associate "Expo" with a chance for designers to shine, bringing out new collections and pieces, not just drag out the same things I've seen hanging in their shops for months. When I think of Glam, its red-carpet-walking, awards ceremony, high fashion...upscale designs, impeccable quality and textures to salivate over. Many of the booths looked as if a 1980s high school prom exploded on their walls or even worse, offerings that were less than stellar in design and quality. I'm a shopaholic, but when I leave an Expo and haven't spent at least $10,000L, something is wrong.


This isn't to say that there weren't a few shining jewels in a sea of blah, as some of my fellow bloggers have highlighted already. Kudos also go out to the organizer(s) for all their hard work because it certainly can't be easy wrangling that many designers and still provide such a low lag expo experience. Now for a few of the treasures I snagged...The four dresses featured here by two different creators are everything that Glam should be and are clearly my favorites, featuring rich textures full of depth and shine, matched with creative flair and excellent quality.



Left: DRESS- Soraya Shan; Nightlife;
Right: DRESS- Soraya Shan; Sexy Look gown;



Left: DRESS- Riviera Couture; Peafowl Suite;
Right: DRESS- Riviera Couture; Blue Night;
Avatar & Accessories:
SKIN- Redgrave; 02 Lyla Tan, goldbrown;
HAIR- Minnu; MMA Hera, gold blond;
NECKLACE- Genesis; Estelle, gold and silver;
BRACELET 1- Genesis; Prathivi bracelet;
BRACELET 2- Lori Kohl; Ivory/Gold Slim Bracelet;
EARRINGS- Genesis; Prathivi earrings;


No comments: