Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fashion Show Ready!

Since there were a couple of fashion shows I wanted to attend this weekend, I set myself a challenge of trying to come up with a low ARC ensemble. What is ARC you ask? At its most basic, everything you see on your screen like textures, bling, glow, particles, flexi items, prims and even invisible prims, affects your viewer's graphics processing, which, if I understand correctly, affects how fast you and things around you rez and your frame rate. I'm no expert but there's was a Linden explanation that you can see here http://blog.secondlife.com/2008/05/01/who-me-yes-you-couldnt-be-then-who-introducing-avatar-rendering-cost that explains it in more detail and even gives the point figure breakdown of the factors that determine your ARC. To see everyone's ARC, go to Advanced>Rendering>Info Displays>Avatar Rendering Cost. If you don't have the Advanced menu showing use Ctrl+Alt+D or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D. The ARC figures will be floating above each avatar.


That out of the way, on with the outfit. My normal avatar ARC usually runs between 2000-4000...ouch. My goal was to come in under 500, with low prims and still look fabulous. Instead of my usual super-flexi hair, I went with a simple and elegant style from ETD. I was going to wear a skin with hand-drawn eyelashes, but I was just dying to show off the new Meredith skin from Tuli so I splurged a little and added some prim lashes. Sophistication and a touch of glamour is the look I was going for with the no-prim skirt, top which I finished with some low prim, but dainty looking slides from Aphrodite's Creations. I agonized over the jewelry, but finished my look with some single-prim bangles and small pearl earrings. Final figures: ARC=347; Prims=65; Getting everyone else to wear low ARC outfits when attending crowded functions=priceless.


SKIN- Tuli; Meredith, sunkissed, mauve melody 1;
HAIR- ETD; Tyra, dirty;
SHIRT- DeLa; Jill Tank Top, white;
SKIRT- Mimikri; Joy Sequin skirt, black;
SHOES- Aphrodite Creations; Sasy Chic, Noir;
BRACELET 1- *kraftika*; No. 301;
BRACELET 2- Lori Kohl; Ivory & Gold slim bracelet;
EARRINGS- Danielle Jewels; Anna Parure black pearls;
EYES- MADesigns; Promise, green pale 6;
EYELASHES- Redgrave; 11 Showgirl;
MANICURE- Laqroki; Manicure 01;

No comments: