Wednesday, December 24, 2008

As The Sun Sets




12/24/08 1:43am - I'm sitting here... reflecting on the passing year. Now in its sunset stage.. i realize how hard but fucking wonderful this year has been for me. In the beginning.. my heart broke, shattered in so many pieces i wondered many times over if I'd ever be able to pick the pieces up and put them together again. At times its hard to still think of him.. but the thoughts are few and far in between, it heps that he no longer thinks of me and those proposals to be friends was nothing more then him wanting to feel less guilty about finding a soul mate and reducing me to nothing more then time killer. I loved him more then i allowed myself to... but now.. i realized some good came out of it. I can still feel, i can still love and i can open myself up to be loved. That's a beautiful thought in itself.

This year.. I've done so much and discovered so much about myself and met so many incredible people along the way. I learned i wasn't so bad at Photoshop, i rekindled my love of writing, I found friends who made me laugh til the wee hours of the morning. A naked shopping trip one day served to solidify a friendship i don't want to live without. A brave moment, when i stepped into a poetry reading and put my words into public for the first time and received such positive reinforcements.. i haven't stopped writing since. A boy who spoke to me after a poetry reading.. awkward but so real i had to talk to him the next day.. turned into a 10 hour conversation.. then 14 hours.. and in one week..we spoke to each other more then we worked our RL full time jobs. He reminded me how much fun it was to stay up giggling and talking long into the night. My SL- Sissy, my blog mate... who pushed me to restart a blog.. keeping me on my toes and in the Social World of SL, who's also been there with a level head through some tough times.

In this online world.. where trust is easily broken.. where lies runs abundant.. alts are easily made and given a new persona, in all this chaos I've finally found a silver lining. There's too any to name at the moment and too many experiences to recall.. but a sincere and heartfelt thanks to the people who have loved me this entire year, who've supported me, who reminded me i am worthy of love, of TRUE friendship, of laughter and sincerity.

To a new year full of new discoveries and experiences.. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years everyone!!!!

-Bubbles Komachi


P.S... I wont be blogging anymore fashion til after the New Year.. gonna take some time off to hang out.. but i wil be back and i'll be starting with the "Dress Me Up" challenges!

1 comment:

Nicole Bourne said...

*sniffles* I fucking love silver linings.